Lowell Place Wastewater Reticulation
This project involved undertaking modifications to the existing wastewater reticulation system, in areas of particular concern including relocation of services away from the Taupo Lakes Foreshore protection zone using Climatherm heat resistant PE pipe and fittings.
The scope of construction works involved in the contract included:
- Construction of a new 8 meter deep wastewater pumping station with additional storage capacity in Lowell Place.
- Installation of new twin rising mains across SH1 and SH5 connecting in to the existing wastewater network.
- Conversion of existing Pump Stations into emergency storage tanks
- Modification of gravity sewers by slip lining where relocation was not feasible.
- Construction of new sections of gravity reticulation outside the foreshore protection zone through both directional drilling and open cut methods
- All earthworks, roading, pump/mechanical installations etc.
This work was undertaken in an extremely sensitive environment (along the Lake Taupo foreshore) and also within a geothermal area working in water zones with temperatures up to 80 C.