Mokau Water Supply Reservoir
Waitomo District Council
Tonkin & Taylor Ltd
This project involved Construction of a new PE lined Reservoir in the surrounding hills of Awakino to service the adjacent Awakino and Mokau townships.
Works included: -
- Earthworks involving both cut and importation of aggregates to structural fill to construct a reservoir within an existing gully in the hills above Awakino .
- Construction of permanent diversion channels, a reinforced concrete stream ford and concrete spillway including all temporary stream diversion works.
- Construction of a new inlet structure and PE gravity pipeline from the upstream tee junction to the reservoir inlet structure.
- Installing a PE liner within the reservoir
- Installation of a PE gravity pipeline to the existing water treatment plant