Kinleith Dam 19 Spillway Works
Carter Holt Harvey
Tonkin & Taylor
The project involved the construction of a concrete wave wall and auxiliary spillway on the downstream end of Dam 19.
Major works included:
- Bulk excavation of the auxiliary spillway inlet trough;
- Installation of rock anchors;
- Installation of under drainage;
- Reinforced concrete (shotcrete) lining of the inlet trough;
- Sundry concrete retaining walls;
- Excavation of the spillway invert to final profile;
- Bulk excavation of in situ ignimbrite plugs at the upstream and downstream end of the design, obtain Building Consent and construction of a bridge over the auxiliary spillway;
- Road construction including and guard rails and barriers;
- Construction of a reinforced concrete wave wall along the crest of the dam.
This project was completed in July 2015.