Hopuhopu to Ngaruawahia Water Pipeline
This contract required the construction of a new bulk watermain to connect the water supply in Ngaruawahia to the Hopuhopu Reservoir. It starts at the corner of Brownlee Avenue and Hakarimata Road, following Hakarimata Road, crossing the Waikato River, following north along Old Taupiri Road and connecting into the existing main in Hopuhopu.
The contract included the following works:
- A bulk water supply pipeline 3.8km of 280mm dia PE pipe in the road reserve.
- A bulk water supply pipeline 265m of 280mm dia PE pipe drilled underneath the Waikato River.
- Ancillary works including anchor blocks, scour, air, line and isolation valves as well as associated chambers and rigid pipework, tees, bends and fittings;
- A Magflow meter, electrical cabinet and associated works;
- Testing and disinfection;
- All traffic control and reinstatement of surfaces.