Te Awamutu Reservoir and Pumpstation Construction
This contract was for the construction of a new 8m high x 35m diameter precast and post tension water storage reservoir and associated pump station and switchroom, electrical and controls systems, pipework and civil siteworks
This 6 ML reservoir and pump station facility is located on Frontier Road in TeAwamutu and works included:
- Site Clearance and installation and maintenance of erosion and sediment control
- Preparation of the reservoir structure base and platform for pump station and switchroom
- Construction of pump station and switchroom building including a pump and valve pit below ground level and structure extending approx. 3m above ground.
- Construction of the pre-stressed concrete reservoir structure with walls that are pretensioned horizontally and post tensioned vertically. The roof was constructed using pre-cast pre-tensioned
- Supply and install all pipework for connection to existing reticulation pipeline.