Huntly Wastewater Treatment Plant Outfall
Waikato District Council
This project involved the construction of a new outfall pipeline from the Huntly Wastewater Treatment Plant to the Waikato River.
Major works included:
- Construction of a new 315mm HDPE outfall pipeline by open trench and/or trenchless methods.
- Connection of the new outfall pipeline to an existing pipeline at the treatment plant and associated transition pipework and manhole chamber.
- Connection of the new outfall pipeline to an existing manhole adjacent to the Waikato River.
- Installation of a sleeve pipe under the North Island Main Trunk Railway and installation of the outfall pipeline therein.
- Compliance with Kiwirail and NZTA requirements for construction in state highway and railway corridors.
- Removal of an existing section of pipeline within an open drainage channel.
- Removal of existing wastewater manholes to below ground level and sealing of abandoned connecting pipelines.
- Supply of all materials.
- Reinstatement works.
- Pressure testing and commissioning.
This project was completed in April 2017.