Karapiro Reservoir No. 2 & Karapiro Village Water Tower Repair Works
Design and the physical works required for the repairs for the concrete structures, steelwork repair / removal and pipework replacement / repair for Karapiro Reservoir No. 2 and the Karapiro Water Tower, including disinfection and testing.
Major Works Included:
- Repair areas with exposed corroded reinforcement in the roof slab soffit.
- Replace overflow pipes with a stainless-steel pipe and bellmouths at full supply level.
- Replace main central Inlet pipe and support brackets.
- Repair cracking at top of roof slab, chase cut and repaired using a High Strength cementitious Sika Grout 212.
- Apply a layer of GripSet waterproofing membrane around the circumference of the internal tank wall surface.
- Sawcut a 12mm wide x 12mm deep joint around the full length of the construction joints and fill with Sikaflex 11FC with a bond breaker tape.
- Disinfection and testing.
This project was completed in August 2017.