Mt Misery Reservoir
This contract is for the design and construction of an 8,000m3 circular pre-cast post tensioned concrete water reservoir. The site, Mt Misery is located on the outskirts of Morrinsville with access up a steep narrow metalled road through a farm.
- Design and Construction of earthworks to cater for the new structure;
- Design and Construction of a 36m diameter x 9m high precast concrete post tensioned water reservoir complete with a reinforced concrete roof;
- Permanent and temporary track and retaining structures;
- Sub surface drainage, retaining walls and site works;
- Electrical controls and instrumentation;
- Reservoir drainage pipeline and outlet scour control structures inclusive of 450mm diameter connection to existing rising and falling mains.
The reservoir design allowed for simple construction techniques around flooring, in situ joints and waterproofing the provided a cost-effective design solution for the Client. The tender price was 40% cheaper than the next tender allowing the Client to spend funds on additional improvements to the site that were outside the original scope of works.
This project was completed in October 2017.