Ruakura Reservoir Construction
Construction of a new 12,000m3 precast concrete water reservoir including a booster pump station, control room, electrical and control systems, pipework and civil siteworks.
Major works included:
- Preloading of reservoir locations using 25,000m3 of excavated material.
- Construction of a reservoir, pump station and control room building including two valve chambers below ground level.
- Supply and installation of pumps and mechanical pipework.
- Supply and installation of instrumentation, switchboards and control facilities.
- Construction of a pre-stressed concrete reservoir structure with horizontally post tensioned walls. The roof structure was constructed using pre-cast T-beams with an insitu topping.
- Supply and install inlet, outlet, scour and overflow pipework for the reservoir and drainage under and around the reservoir.
- Supply and install all pipework for connection to the existing reticulation pipeline.
- Testing and commissioning of new pump station and pipework.
This project was completed in September 2020.