Karapiro Water Treatment Plant Capacity Upgrade
The overall scope of this contract is to install, construct, test and commission a new prefabricated water treatment stream and all associated works to augment the existing Karapiro Water Treatment Plant (WTP).
Major works included:
- Supply and install Raw Water Pump Pontoon with Raw Water Pumps
- Raw water pipework, including dosing points
- Design and construct a Waste Treatment Plant Building
- General pipework connections, including:
- Filtered water pipework and connection to existing storage on site
- Sludge pipework and Design-Build pump station/rising main
- Overflow/Filter to Waste pipework
- General drainage
- Chemical Storage Tank Replacement
- Chemical Dosing/Pipework
- Powdered Activated Carbon (PAC) facility, including repurposing of existing PAC dosing equipment within a new design-build facility shed
- Instrumentation, electrical and control systems, including electrical cabling, motor starters and MCC boards
- Software Control Programming, Software FAT testing and SAT testing
- Backwash pump and pipework
- Site Earthworks and Hardstand Pavement
- Site Landscaping
- Sludge Management System upgrade
More photos coming soon.
This project is due for completion August 2018.